The clinics are from 8:00 to 17:30 as follows:
● 8:00 to 9:00 – Mini-tennis for young children (4 years old minimum to 5-6 years old)
● 9:00 to 10 :00 – Beginners (6 yrs old to 7 yrs old)
● 10:00 to 11:15 – Beginners 2 (8 yrs old to 10 yrs old or depending on level)
● 11h15 to 12h30 – Intermediates (11 to 13 yrs old or depending on level)
● 16h00 to 17:30 – Advanced (14 yrs to 17 yrs or depending on level)
The clinics will begin on Saturday May 15 and will end late August.
The cost of the clinics is 45$ per child for the whole season and available for members only.
At the beginning of the summer, the clinics will be supervised by Jean-Sébastien Milette, with the help of Thomas Villeneuve (returning Juniors Coach) depending on the number of participants.
The weekly junior tennis lessons will be held in the afternoon, from Monday to Friday, starting on the week of June 27 through the week of August 15. Weekly lessons are not offered on camp (MTA) weeks.
The schedule and costs will be as follows:
● Monday to Friday from 13:00 to 15:00 – Beginners/Intermediates – $160 per week per child (taxes not included)
● Monday to Friday from 15:00 to 17:00 – Intermediates/Advanced – $160 per week per child (taxes not included)
It is important to note that all the weekly lessons will have to be reserved in advance. We cannot guarantee that there will be room for last-minute registrations. Juniors under the age of 9 years old will have to be of an intermediate level to participate.
We will have three intensive tennis camps this season, to be held during the following weeks:
The camps will include 4 hours of tennis per day on 4 courts (courts 4, 5, 6 and 7), Up to 4 children per court under supervision of a certified pro. Other sports activities, including the swimming pool, will round out the day.
Juniors under the age of 9 years old will have to be of an intermediate level to participate.
The camps will be held from 9:00 to 16:30 and will include lunch and snacks.
The cost of the Monkland Tennis Academy is 420$ per week (taxes not included).
For children with an interest in competitive tennis and who have the required skill level (to be determined by the head coach), we are looking to organize an interclub team. Six players per division would be selected each week to compete in U14 or U18 (Wednesday afternoon) interclub matches to be held at the Club or at other clubs in the Montreal area.
It should be noted that the team members would be selected in priority among the children taking part in the junior tennis lessons or Tennis Academy.
We will be looking for parents who can volunteer to accompany the children and help with transportation for matches played at other clubs.